Sunday, March 12, 2017

First Night in Silicon Valley

Hi Readers,

I have finally arrived in Silicon Valley! Today was definitely a long day of traveling. I had to wake up at 3:00AM but since we were affected by Daylight Saving's I technically woke up at 2:00AM. We all arrived at Logan Airport and got on our flight to San Francisco and landed around 12:00PM Pacific Time Zone. 

Our flight was six and a half hours long. Our flight went by a lot faster then I expected, and the next thing I knew we were in California. The best part of the flight was the view out the window. It was very pleasing to see the difference in scenery from Boston to California. We went from 10° from 75°. I've attached two images below so you can see the difference from Boston to California. 

Once we got to San Francisco we traveled to our hotel, Dinah's Garden Inn in Palo Alto. Our hotel is beautiful! After we all unpacked and settled down, we had down time to hang out by the pool and soak up the California sun. Around dinner time a few other students and I traveled around town and stumbled upon a little restaurant called Hobee's. Our experience here was interesting and comical to say the least. We enjoyed walking around Palo Alto and exploring the downtown area. 


Tomorrow we start our journey of visiting companies. First up is SurveyMonkey and Microsoft! To say I'm excited to begin our journey is an understatement! Thank you for reading and I will be posting tomorrow night about my experiences at SurveyMonkey and Microsoft. 


Enjoy some pictures below from todays travels and adventures!

Thank you,
Lauren Brehm

















No comments:

Post a Comment